Are you looking for a way to gain experience in marketing, event management, digital engagement and nonprofit shenanigans – all while hanging out with cool people? You might be just the intern for us! Primarily, we’re looking for our summer intern to maintain and post content to our website, manage WoCo’s social media presence, attend and handle logistics for our bi-monthly events, with the opportunity to shape programming and create marketing strategy. It will be pretty darn fun. More details are below – if you’re interested in applying send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key skill requirements:
- Strong grasp of social media, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Comfort with website editing (WordPress or other platforms)
- Ability to attend two events per month and meet with co-founders periodically
- Self-directed, proactive & organized
- Personal interest in women’s issues and advancement
- Warm, social personality (outgoing introverts welcome)
- General interest in what’s going on in the world, avid reader a plus
- Ability to appreciate snarkiness, nerdy jokes, and the occasional expletive. We’re not incredibly formal.
- Did we mention self-directed, proactive & organized? That’s super important.
Time commitment: Roughly 5 hours per week (availability for events is critical, typically one evening and one morning per month.)
Internship duration: Flexible – ideally June through August
Compensation: Unpaid. Opportunity to learn from and network with a variety of cool professional women, along with one-on-one coaching and mentoring from co-founders. Melissa and I are also badass recommendation writers, if that’s a thing you’d benefit from.